1.01.2014

January 2014 | New Beginnings and an Introduction to Collect Photo App

Hello 2014!

As a new year begins, many of us choose new projects to work on through the year. My main photo project this year is to continue Project Life ® and continue using the Collect Photo App to collect the photos and stories for my album.

But first, a little back-story.

I began 2013 looking for a way to do better at keeping up with Project Life ®. I knew I wanted to primarily use iPhone photos and stumbled upon Collect thanks to this article from Photojojo. Now, I've tried 365 projects before and they have always been an epic fail. For some reason, this just works for me.

I hope this helps if you are thinking of starting a new photo project and want an easy way to keep up with it on your iPhone, or if you are using Project Life® and would like a way to keep up with iPhone photos better. I'll be back to share how to print these in my next video.

The basics: I simply add a photo to the calendar, add my caption and then print it out to use in my album.

There are lots of other fun features you can use, but that is the main idea.

The cool thing is that I kept up the best I have ever done at both this and Project Life ®. To check out a few sample layouts of how I used the printed cards, click here.



Collect Photo App Introduction from Annette Haring on Vimeo.

Note: if you click on the link to the video on Vimeo it will have the HD version is a bit clearer.

Thanks for watching! Also hoping to be a little more regular here on the blog. In the meantime, you can find me on Instagram.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm really excited to use Collect in 2014. I can't wait for the video re: printing because I'm really struggling to get my cards to print properly. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tutorial. so helpful. thank you again. xo, cindylitwin | via instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forwarc to the printing tutorial too. Mine keep coming out 4 x 6....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great. I love seeing how you use it - so simple! And what a beautiful app! LOVE that you designed a card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tracy!! I know, that was so awesome he let me design one!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for showing this. It's exactly what I needed. I've been so overwhelmed with taking, downloading, editing, and printing photos; so much so, that I've stopped scrapbooking. And that makes me sad because I really enjoy it. I have no printed photos from the last four years and I want to change that. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete