10.08.2014

Exciting News about Ali Edwards Digital Creative Team!

I'm so excited to share I am part of the new digital creative team for Ali Edwards! If you haven't heard about Ali, please RUN and check out her new site here!



I have been using Ali's products for a long time and basically learned how to use digital products from her and Cathy Zielske. I am a huge fan of both of them. 

When Ali launched her new site this August, to say I was excited was an understatement. I was working hard on all my own new class content and yet a part of me just wanted to delete the blog, delete everything and just be inspired by her and go tell stories with photos and words. Seriously! I was like, this is it! I could just quit everything I am doing and go tell stories and be happy. 

And I'm really glad I didn't quit. Thankful I pushed through and am really happy with the opportunity to continue to learn and grow and also to help others. And I'm so so excited to be able to use Ali's products to help me tell my stories. 

If you are interested in learning more about Ali's digital products, click here. There is a good mix of products including word art, templates and printable cards. Lots of options for telling stories regardless of whether you are paper based or fully digital or a mix of both. I also subscribe to her Story Stamp club because I use traditional stamps as well. 

Things you will likely see from me: a mix of it all! I love it all and can't help it! I use Ali's word art directly on photos before printing. I use her templates in my Week in the Life and December Daily. I also like making my own filler cards and journaling cards for Project Life with her supplies. I will have Project Life layouts as well as some more traditional ones and enlarged photos. I may even get the Sihouette working again! The cool thing is there are so many options and many ways to learn and grow as well. Can you tell I'm excited?!

Here are a few samples from me. Here I used one of her overlays from Designer Digitals to create a title card in my January 2014 Project Life. Her set is called Hello Life 12x12 Text Overlays. You can find that here.




Currently I have finishing up my December Daily on the brain since Ali introduced the preorder for this year's kit. 

Here is a look at how I use her templates as an overlay over the photos as well as printed the smaller 3x4 card out and just printed and used it in the album. You can find those at Designer Digitals here and here.



You can also see in my sneaks for  Catch Up with Project Life  how I used her December Daily 3x4 Journal Cards in my 2012 December Daily in Project Life. (available at Designer Digitals.) To find out more about that class and see those sneaks click here.

And seriously, the list could go on. I am thankful for all I have learned from Ali over the years and all I will continue to learn! I'm very thankful also for a good friend who encouraged me to apply. thank you!

And lastly, I will share a story that's still kind of raw and near to my heart. Putting together class content isn't easy for me. I always try to do too much and making it work + balancing family, work, etc almost got the better of me this round. Found myself on the floor for a few hours one day wondering how I would do it all. Wondering if I should just call it quits, etc. Somehow I found the strength to be brave and found the peace that it would all work out. Am very thankful for that moment. So when I saw Ali's Be Brave word art, I knew I wanted to capture that moment in a layout. Here is the digital version. I think I may print this out and add something, or I may not. We'll see.




Again, I'm so excited to be a part of this and very thankful for your encouragement and support as well!

So let's do this! #craftthestory


6 comments:

  1. Loved how you are already showing how you use Ali's digital products - so inspiring! First time visiting your site - think I'll stay awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, I am so excited for you! You are the reason that I am using the collect app on my project life albums this year. I can't wait to follow your journey on the AE team and learn from you. I don't do much with digital, but I love to use Ali's images on my cameo. I am so looking forward to seeing what you create on this new team!!! Good luck! - Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge hugs and congratulations. I was so happy to be in the last class and am looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So excited to see you on this team. Look forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to do this week in the life for the first time...the video and tips have been great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on Ali's creativee team! I'm really enjoying Catch Up Project Life, and I thank you for the inspiration and motivation in the classroom. I came to browse you blog, and see that Ali has created some Brave word art. I am excited, because after she posted about Anna being brave, I suggested she make some brave word art. I love using Ali's word art in my PL album, and I NEEDED some brave words. I am excited to see she did it! JenRay

    ReplyDelete